E-Safety Advice for Parents
Advice for parents is available from CEOP (The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, run by the police) which offers these top tips:
- Ask your children to show you the sites they use.
- Ask your children to set their profile settings to private on social networking sites such as Facebook.
- Ask your child about their online friends.
- Set appropriate parental controls on your child’s computer, mobile and games console.
- Encourage your child to let you know if they are worried about something online.
Make sure you know where to get help if you are concerned about your child - a list of services is available from www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre.