North Cockerington Church of England Primary School promotes the social, emotional and intellectual development of each child in a happy, caring and stimulating environment, rooted in Christian values. At the heart of our school is the belief that all children are loved by God, are individually unique and that the school has a mission to help each pupil to fulfil their potential.
We trust that, in partnership with parents, we will have laid the foundation for our children to be happy, confident and independent. It is our hope that all our pupils become flourishing members of society, capable of applying and adapting themselves to the demands of living and working in an ever-changing world.
Our aims are:
- To provide a welcoming, friendly, safe and stimulating environment, in which Christian values are central to the ethos of the school.
- To promote high expectations and achievement for all.
- To develop knowledge and skills through an exciting and creative curriculum which fosters a lasting enjoyment of learning.
- To ensure pupils are happy, confident, independent and proud of themselves and their achievements in all areas of their life.
- To show respect and empathy towards others which enables pupils to make positive relationships with a wide range of people.
- To make a positive contribution to the community.
- To develop skills and Christian values to enable pupils to be responsible citizens now and in the future.
- To develop a sense of wonder and harness creativity.
- To celebrate diversity and promote the British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of all beliefs and cultures.