About Our School
Executive Headteacher: Mrs Lesley Thornes
Chair of Governors: Mr David Manders
North Cockerington Primary School is a popular voluntary controlled Church of England Primary School, situated three miles from Louth. Pupils come to us from the villages of North and South Cockerington, Alvingham and Yarburgh, and an increasing number of families choose to make the short journey from Louth to us, so that their children can enjoy the friendly, family atmosphere of a small, rural school. We pride ourselves on our unique school curriculum, which includes:
- swimming for every child from Reception to Year 6;
- specialist teachers for Spanish, Music and PE;
- links with schools in other parts of the world, currently in China, Poland and Italy;
- an appreciation of life in multi-cultural Britain through our link with The Hague School in Tower Hamlets;
- our willingness to embrace new technologies to promote learning in exciting ways.
The school has close links with Puddleducks Nursery, who provide seamless quality before and after-school care, delivering children to school in the mornings and picking up from school in the afternoons.